Monday, May 31, 2010

Sunglasses


"Can I borrow this?" she asked though she already held it in her hands. I didn't mind it anyway since I wouldn't say no to her.

She sat beside me silently, while I was writing my notes. I didn't know why but I suddenly stop writing and just look at her. It was in that moment when a tear slid from her cheek. She wiped it away as quickly as it appeared not knowing that I noticed it.

I set aside my things and just sat beside her, pretending that I didn't see the tear. She slid down her head on my shoulder and settled in there for a while. In silence, I sat with her without a care on the world.

Our surrounding then was at peace yet my mind was in turmoil. I want to know yet I couldn't ask. I have questions but I know she won't answer. I want her to share her pain however between the two of us, things are not as easy as they are. So in silence, I cry with her. In silence, I feel her pain. And in silence, I will be here for her.

Darkness had claimed the sky and my shoulder started to feel numb. Thinking that she had fallen asleep, I let her stayed that way even though it hurts. Yet, at that moment, she suddenly sat upright and faced me.

She was smiling at me. Her smile that can ease my pain whenever I see it, is directed to me. Then I wondered what she'll do next.

She took away my sunglasses glasses, rubbed her eyes as if she just woke up and said, "thank you", then handing me the glasses.

"For my shoulder?" I asked with mischief.

"No, for your sunglasses," she answered with mirth written on her face.

My smile got wider. I know what she really mean. Knowing her, I know that's the best answer I can get from her. But I'm thankful still for at least she noticed and all is not in vain. Someday, she won't need the glasses anymore. Someday...

 date finished: April 8, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment